Tips for Camping with Your Dog
The guys at Defender Camping love dogs, and taking your four-legged friend on an adventure has never been easier. They can supply top-of-the-range dog boxes to keep your faithful friend safe and comfortable as you travel the route and pitch up for the night.
First time camping with your dog? Check out our top tips below.
1. Bring plenty of supplies for your dog: food, treats, toys, bedding, and a leash.
2. Set up camp in an area that allows your dog plenty of space to explore safely and away from other campers.
3. Always keep your dog on a leash unless you are in an enclosed space away from other people and animals.
4. Ensure your dog can access fresh water and shade in hot weather.
5. Take breaks from the journey by stopping off at designated dog-friendly areas such as beaches or parks.
6. Always be aware of your dog's activity and energy levels during the trip, as they may need rest more often than usual.
7. Carry a first aid kit for minor injuries or illnesses.
8. Be mindful of the noise your dog can make at night, and be respectful of other campers around you.
9. If your dog is allowed, take them on hikes with you to explore the local sights – ensure they are always securely on a leash.
10. Most importantly, enjoy yourself and your dog's company – camping can be a fantastic experience for you and your pup!