There's something special about the Yorkshire Coast. Maybe it's the wild and rugged coastline or the quaint seaside towns. Whatever it is, there's no doubt that this corner of England is worth exploring. And what better way to do it than in a campervan?
With a campervan, you can go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the nooks and crannies of the Yorkshire Coast and find your own little piece of paradise. Plus, you can save on accommodation costs by camping in your van and have the freedom to dine al fresco under the stars or stop off at great eateries along the route.
So, if you're looking for an adventure and want to discover the Yorkshire Coast in your own time, then hiring a campervan or using your own is the perfect option.
Here are our top five tips to help you maximise your Route YC adventure.
1. After you have picked your route, take a closer look at the map and start your planning to make sure that you get to see everything you want, no matter how much time you have put aside.
2. Bring the essentials, not the whole kitchen sink! We have excellent supply stops, places to eat and retailers throughout the area with brilliant Yorkshire produce.
3. Don't let the weather catch you off guard! We're on the coast, and it can go from sunny to rainy in a day, so pack your waterproofs and a good pair of boots for your walking adventures.
4. Ensure your vehicle is in good condition: Before setting off, ensure your campervan is in good working order and all fluid levels are topped up. It's also worth investing in breakdown cover, just in case.
5. Drive carefully: Take it easy on the roads – remember, you're not in a hurry! – and enjoy the scenery as you go.
Consider the following
There can be steep gradients on the Whitby and Scarborough routes; check the map before you travel.
Some roads going through the more rural areas can narrow, so take it slow, especially those with limited passing places.
We only recommend using the great camping and caravan sites along the route. Not only will you enjoy rural and coastal locations with all the facilities you will need to make your trip more enjoyable, but you will also be helping to support the local communities.